Update: The Group Rides pages is now live (see the menu bar above). I will continue to add rides as they come in.
As the weather improves, the idea of riding with other cyclists becomes more agreeable (you know, not having to worry about being sprayed with salty slush from someone else’s wheel). There are tons of regularly-scheduled group rides happening all around Boston every week. The trouble is, there’s no one resource that aggregates info about all of these rides. I am going to try to do this, and I need your help.
In the comments leave the following info about your favorite group ride, and I’ll start a running list:Name of Ride: Type of Ride: (Road, Mountain, Cross, Unicycle, etc.)
When: Leaves from: Returns to:
Pace/Duration: Drop/No Drop? (Will I get left behind if I can’t keep up?) Link for more information:
- Suggested ride must occur on a regular basis (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.)
- Suggested ride must be open to anyone who wants to join (i.e. not private club rides)
- Suggested ride must be legal and follow the rules of the road. Sorry folks, but I don’t want to be involved in advertising rides that regularly and notoriously show a lack of regard for traffic laws.
- These are rides, NOT races.
- For simplicity’s sake, and to keep it local, I’m limiting the list to rides that at least start within the Rt. 95/128 corridor.